Saturday, July 14, 2007

Pampered Leaf Society - Unite!

Greetings all. How was your week? Mine flew by at light speed. I feel as if I've gotten very little done in the last couple weeks. I know the things I should do... it's just that process of getting off my ass and doing it. --And the River Man has just been hit by Déjà Vu. Always happens when I talk about needing to get things done.
On another note, went to the second meeting of The Writing Group. It's turning out to be a good move. I do so enjoy writing for a crowd -- Didn't you notice? And there are some very talented people there. Highly inspirational. I'm working the next meeting, but I'm going to see what I can shimmy.
Today's piece was written a couple days ago. You guessed it - No editing. Enjoy.



Jamais vu



It was a pampered leaf, really
bearing no scars
of insect jaws
No blisters filled with
Some unknown progeny.

Born on a cool
Spring morning
shortly after a downpour
and just before sunrise.

Spring flew by
as all childhoods do -
In a haze of fragrant flowers
and refreshing rainfall,

but Summer was its greatest time.
Long days of soaking in
sweet sunshine
deep breaths taken in the
cool nights.

A lark would sometimes
settle beside it and
sing of far off lands.

A troop of ants
mindlessly absorbed in their orders
would occasionally march along
its tender flesh.

Bright green and
tender flesh
grew brittle in the coming cold,
breaths slowed
and the orange of a life lived
swallowed its appearance.

Sometime
shortly after a chilled shower
and just before dawn
it loosened the hold on
its mother
and silently drifted
into the darkness below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome.

Ky
Member
Pampered Leaf Society