Friday, July 6, 2007

Ch Ch Ch Chicago

The ol' River Man is headed out towards a lake of greatness. I'm off to Chicago for a Plant Biologist Conference and I'm actually more excited then one would expect an event like that to entail. I'm tired as hell though, as I haven't actually slept yet. I went with a couple of friends for an all night drive. I figure I'll make up the needed sleep (or a small portion of it) on the plane.
I expect heavy inspiration from this trip, so I should come back with plenty to post. In the mean time I figured I'd post a few random scribbles. Enjoy, dear readers, and have a great weekend.



Upon Waking


I am most jubilant
and despondent
when I am in solitude -
with no more company
than a cigarette
and a beer,
Trying desperately
and in vain
to escape thought itself.

No comments: