Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wolf Cubs and Mental Math

And the shitty mood continues, although significantly less shitty. Birthday's 'round the bend, hopefully I'm in better spirits by then. I plan on heading out to see that new flick Blood and Chocolate, simply because it in some way involves wolves. .. Yes, I must admit it. Have to come out of the furry, howling closet. I am a wolf freak. Haven't quite gotten the handle on why, though I've heard enough ideas to choke a horse -- or bring it down in a methodical and sophisticated manner. Feel free to share your theories... maybe one will draw that long sought 'oh shit... that makes a lot of sense.'
Separate, unrelated note: it just dawned on me that I had laid a wet shirt across my computer chair. Seems it took this long to soak the one I am currently wearing I guess. I'm not compelled to move whatsoever, though. Complacency is a wonderful thing. That's something forgotten far too often; or at the very least it seems that way. I work with a girl who has that 'must please/best everyone' attitude and it is bloody irritating. Besides that, though, it's a fountain of discontent. If you like something, you can be damn sure she likes it too. You did something? She's done it twice before. Liked that movie? She loved it and read the book. Whatever you bring up --no matter how exotic and remote-- she knows exactly what you're talking about. Almost as if she is afraid of being out of the loop. Not in the 'in crowd'. That is an unfortunate M.O. to have. You may be saying at this point 'well, it's no worse then the asshole who observes it all, lets it piss him off and then blog-bitches about it'. You'd be right. But fuck you, I like me goddamnit and that's what it is all about: complacency.

Onto tonight’s piece, which is --you guessed it-- another old one. Writers block is in the process of lifting. Maybe tomorrow I'll throw on some WB ridden piece I scribbled this afternoon. With any luck, my monstrous ego will be so annoyed that I put something it considered sub-par online that it will immediately beat my subconscious from this funk. Or... it won't. Any bets?




Salty Song

I've cut myself to pieces
Trying to add up to more than I am
To be enough for you.
But I keep coming up short.
White tie on a black suit
Worn by a white man with a Technicolor mind
Has a red stain where he cut his soul free...
Or tried to, only to find it was
Empty.
Who'da thought those cloudy years
Would catch up with this sunshine.
Who'da thought I'd hate the past
So much in this dismal future.
Upside down, but still alright
Inside.
It's a shame, they say
And I can't help but agree
I guess we never get the chance
Maybe for the better.
Light a candle for each missed opportunity
And we'd scorch the world.
Ugh.
Stomach aches again.
Head is spinning again
And it's all in monochrome.
Bite your tongue and hand it here
(Will you?) I need the relief
I feel so hindered (you know)
And the days are so long.
I can't land the falls I could before
My knees are getting weak.
I can't seem to read the words...
My eyes are getting old
And damn, this voice is so damned
Tired.

No comments: