Saturday, June 7, 2008

Gwan Do Ya Ting

'Eylo all. Happy Saturday. How was the week to ya? Pleasant, I hope. Mine was just fine. A decent mix of work and play. Made some purchases this week, most of which were wholly unnecessary, but would I truely be the River Man if, in times of manic upswing, I didn't buy some shit I didn't need? Please, don't strain yourselves. The answer is no. Luckily, I was in control enough to not make major purchases, as I have in the past. Though, in defense of myself, most of my major purchases turned out to be good ideas: A new computer (this one), A new computer for my sister (aw, isn't he so sweet?), that bottle of Henny XO (mmmm, that was a good buy). On the other hand, I've had some notably stupid and unnecessary buys: The TV incident (two large TVs, two days - one tiny apartment...), the couch incident (I thought it would fit in my house, I really did...) and other such gems.
The purchases this time, though, are minor... sort of. The biggest buy and thus making it the most unnecessary is the new phone I bought. Pantech Duo. After rebates and discounts for upgrades, I will have spent about $200. Did I need a new phone? Not really. Did I need a smartphone? Nope. Did I even want it when I put the order through? Eh.. sort of. If I come to my senses, I'll sell it this week.
I also got a juicer, as part of my new 'must get healthy' kick. I quit smoking, started doing some of my old calisthenic routines, took up boxing for endurance, and have now begun drinking fresh made veggie/fruit juice mixes. I used to be is such great shape, it pisses me the hell off. If I flex, I can still see 3 or 4 of my once chiseled 8 pack. My obliques have long since vanished into obscurity. Arms lost all sense of definition, forearms shrunk a good 3 inches beside losing definition... so on and so forth throughout the River Man entirety.
I don't understand how I let it happen, either. I used to enjoy working out. Time to enjoy it again. And to drink some fresh juice after... yeah, we'll see if that part happens.
Other purchases: RAM, a SD card for the phone, a decent luggage set (for all my travels), a new hoodie (mind you... it's summer), boxing equipment, and something else... I just can't think of what the hell it is. Eh, money comes - money goes. I just gotta learn to slow down the going.

Today's piece is proof that I don't let these rough drafts rot on this blog; I edit damn near ever poem I post on this site. Some I edit a few times. Some I scrap, and they remain here like ghosts. This piece was posted some time ago, edited a while back too, but... it's proof. So, yesh, enjoy.



Late Night Drive


Hung over
Chasing phantoms in a
Fog covered field
Grass flicking morning dew
Onto my feet.

Mem’ries rise like
Clouds of smoke
And lines of white
Draping the sky in
Love lost
Longed for
Hung
From Orion’s belt

Dangling
Dangling in the cold moonlight
Peeking through the trees
Caressing the crowded leaves
And love’s lonely toes.

Love’s stolen bones,
In heaps beside unruly bushes,
Reek of horse manure
and mint leaves.

And youth…
Laughs at me.
Giggling somewhere unseen
Strung to a lattice
Of painted metal beams;
Crimson metal beams.

A lone thought, amidst the scenery, summons me:

OF all the things I’ve been
I think I liked myself the most
   And I wish so goddamn hard
     That I could find him
       Out here
         In this haze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

facebook likes
1000 facebook likes

http://entrepreneurship.unica-network.eu/content/peter-drucker-society-europe-launches-essay-contest http://www.chinariversproject.org/?q=node/101
buy facebook likes get facebook likes 1000 facebook likes
My virus protection was malfunctioning for a short time yesterday, and during that time I got a virus. I believe I've gotten rid of it, but I'm now experiencing another problem, which I suspect is some sort of malware that got onto my computer at the same time as the other virus. Whenever I try to do a search (mainly just searches pertaining to the problem at hand, although some normal searches as well), any link that comes up redirects me to a site to buy things or page of fake search engine results. I'm not sure what's going on and I can't find out because whatever has installed itself on my computer or in my browser is hijacking my search results. I'm sure there's an answer out there, but I can't find it because I can't do a proper search. Any tips you can give me for how to eliminate this problem would be greatly appreciated. I use Firefox and XP Professional. Also, I have been receiving a lot of notifications from Nortons that an IP address in Luxembourg (212.117.174.176) is trying to attack my computer. I'm not sure if this has something to do with it or not. Thanks.

get facebook likes facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]1000 facebook likes [/url] 1000 facebook likes