Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Run! Pigs afoot!

Hello all. This weekend was uncommonly busy. It started heavy with an unexpected (and honestly undesired) Friday night fight. On Saturday I took a trip downtown to Union Square with Gypsy Pete. I love the city. Running into craziness is nearly inevitable. We encountered a (self-claimed) 6'7" Jew who gave me a painting, a group of dare-bound college girls looking for a cheek to kiss and a strange Brooklynite with a sign offering free hugs. Sunday I went fishing for about 9 hours and didn't catch a goddamned thing. My consolation was a reinforced distaste for seafood.
I'm oversimplifying, of course, but you get the idea. I don't particularly feel like posting anything long winded tonight - I feel a bit out of it. The past few nights I've been catching sleep on and off. It's been more like a series of naps than an actually good nights rest.
Hopefully the next time I close my eyes tonight, I don't open them until sunlight is staining the sky.



Final Harvest


Mr. Jenson addressed
His class
the day before
their freedom

Keeping his concerns beneath
his collar
and wearing
confidence
on his brow
He spoke

"Life is hard
-Forget you've known this
already
and hear me out-
Life is hard
and dying is the easy part.
But the ease
in death
can never overcome
the forfeiture involved.

Likewise
When faced with
A path
Of a thousand
Footprints
or
Rolling hills of
Fresh grass
Ignore the sign
Reminding
to mind the reaching blades
and blaze your own trail.

My students,
I've tasted
the spring of
Leadership
and subservience
and have found
The former
to quench a thirst
I hadn't known
I had.

Followed my green hills
Until
I found
Your eyes
Ears
and minds
I made them mine
But now they're yours
Again
With hopes that you
See clearer
Listen closer
and think
to
Rethink
That thought
You thought
You were sure of.

You have all come
so far
in the years
Since we've met
and I have become
A relic
In your world
...Nothing more than
A friendly reminder
of what
Once was.

... What will be ...
That,
My friends
I leave to you."

1 comment:

Mr.Topo said...

Good porm Mickey Rat..lol...Just kidding..but maybe not really.
seriously...Good shit....Pee ess i tossed that multi-colored portrait of
an old indian wombman out on seven.....hopefully the art made someone's day....lol....tha was not a joke maybe