Friday, February 16, 2007

Queen of Clubs and Hearts and Spades

And guess what.. He's alive!!
I know, I know... I went MIA 2 weeks. Miss me? During my time adrift, I aged a year, enjoyed a day of love and wrote a couple things here and there. Still plagued by writers block. Nevertheless, even the strongest foe will bow to an iron will. I see that during my time away I've managed to get a couple fans, or one big one. Either way, thanks for your comments! I know I've said it before -but I love the praise. It warms the chest cavity. Damn... It seems to have very little to say tonight. My mind is well beyond overworked. Perhaps I will have more to babble about tomorrow. Until then, read on.



Sinners Sanctuary


An old man stands atop a weary, turbid stone
Howling

-It is not the sun that sets
but the earth that turns away...
still I stand here, cursing the skies,
pleading the darkness for one more moments light.
Are we all that different?
The sun and I?-

His questions make me wonder and I ask...

Have I not been the moon?
Hiding in the shadows until
I can shine the brightest?
Only showing part
when you crave it all
At times staying hidden to avoid your affection
The topic of hearsay
They say I control the tides of hearts abound
And drive the sane berserk when my face is shone
Still I beam
and gleam and glimmer in this time of warring twins
Are my evils more than shadows misconstrued?
Am I any better for the error?

That depends...
Are you the judge or am I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

flows nicely

Anonymous said...

i love the way u can show us things that r rite in front of us but never thought bout it in that way!!!!wen u wrote"-It is not the sun that sets
but the earth that turns away..." i wud have never thought of that!!ur thoughts are amazing!!